We’re so efficient & experienced with soil preparation & Sod Installation, that we’re usually in & out of your property within 1 day.
The ValleyScapes Difference for Turf Sod Installation
1. A complete removal of existing vegetation.
2. A thorough preparation and pulverization of the soil using the latest tilling technology; comprehensive soil preparation ensures effective root-structure growth.
3. ValleyScapes plants seed into the cultivated soil before sod installation, which ensures an exceptionally thick stand of turf sod, as the germinating grass seed will fill in any seems or gaps that develop between sod strips. Also, in the event some of the sod browns up, the seed will germinate through the turf and green it up. The grass seed used is the same as the turf sod.
4. The Turf Sod arrives in bales and is installed by a tractor roller. The weight of a new sod bale is an average of 1,200 pounds; this weight removes any air pockets between the sod and the ground, which enables quicker and more effective root penetration. Also, by using large bales vs. small hand rolls of sod, there are fewer seems and more uniformity in yard coverage.
5. We gladly assist you in watering the sod for the first time, free of charge.
Check out some of the images below of soil cultivation and Sod installation.
Click images for larger views
ValleyScapes installs lush, fescue Sod in Kansas cities such as Manhattan, Topeka and everything in between. We install only the finest turf-type fescue Sod in North East Kansas that takes root quickly and provides a lasting, thick layer of turf. The landscapes in Kansas that we’ve beautified with Sod are always adequately prepared for Sod installation by a thorough cultivation of the existing soil before the Sod is rolled out and planted. For friendly and top-notch customer service, let ValleyScapes install your Sod—whether in Manhattan, Topeka, or anything in between.